1. This Chapter does not cover:
(a) Separate chemically defined elements or compounds (except those of heading
32.03 or 32.04, inorganic products of a kind used as luminophores (heading
32.06), glass obtained from fused quartz or other fused silica in the forms
provided for in heading 32.07; and also dyes and other colouring matter put up
in forms or packings for retail sale, of heading 32.12);
(b) Tannates or other tannin derivatives of products of headings 29.36 to 29.39,
29.41 or 35.01 to 35.04; or
(c) Mastics of asphalt or other bituminous mastics (heading 27.15).
2. Heading 32.04 includes mixtures of stabilised diazonium salts and couplers
for the production of azo dyes.
3. Headings 32.03, 32.04, 32.05 and 32.06 apply also to preparations based on
colouring matter (including, in the case of heading 32.06, colourmg pigments of
heading 25.30 or Chapter 28, metal flakes and metal powders), of a kind used
for colouring any material or used as ingredients in the manufacture of
colouring preparations. The headings do not apply, however, to pigments
dispersed in non-aqueous media, in liquid or paste form, of a kind used in the
manufacture of paints, including enamels (heading 32.12), or to other
preparations of heading 32.07, 32.08, 32.09, 32.10, 32.12, 32.13 or 32.15.
4. Heading 32.08 includes solutions (other than collodions) consisting of any of
the products specified in headings 39.01 to 39.13 in volatile organic solvents
when the weight of the solvent exceeds 50 % of the weight of the solution.
5. The expression "colouring matter" in this Chapter does not include products
of a kind used as extenders in oil paints, whether or not they are also
suitable for colouring distempers.
6. The expression "stamping foils" in heading 32.12 applies only to thin sheets
of a kind used for printing, for example, book covers or hat bands, and
(a) Metallic powder (including powder of precious metal) or pigment,
agglomerated with glue, gelatin or other binder; or
(b) Metal (including precious metal) or pigment, deposited on a supporting sheet
of any material.